Fancy Volunteer Work Hostel Spain on the Beach? We’re located in a beautiful beach town in Southern Spain. As a volunteer with us, you’ll enjoy the Andalusian vibe, have plenty of free time to paddle surf and trek the mountains. We offer bed and money for groceries. It’s perfect for travellers looking to extend their Spanish trip. Join us as a volunteer.
Hours & Roster: up to 30 hours a week
What’s the cost? Free accommodation in ‘Staff Room’ and grocery stipend
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about yourself, relevant experience (if any), why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
Volunteer Work Hostel Spain – Help Required
Our volunteer program will help you to learn Spanish by talking with our customers, working with Spanish people, helping out and enjoying our Tapas Tours and Pub Crawls. Some tasks that you will be required to help with:
- Housekeeping – Room and toilet cleaning, changing beds, vacuuming, tidying, dish washing and kitchen cleaning.
- Welcoming and checking guests in and out.
- Reception duties – answering phone, email enquiries and reservation management.
- Decorating, repairing and painting.
- General maintenance of buildings and grounds.
Hours & Roster
- Up to 30 hours a weeks, we’re flexible.
Sleeping: Free accommodation in ‘Staff Room’.
Linen & Laundry: Please bring your own bed linen, towels and sleeping bag. Laundry facilities are available.
Eating: Grocery stipend, we provide you with money for your groceries. We have a simple terrace kitchen with fridge where you can cook.
Transport: Nerja is between Malaga and Granada.
From the Nerja bus station: Once you step off the ALSA bus take a left and head directly towards the round about and take your first right on San Miguel. After taking the right head down the street 50m till you see Mercadona on your right and if you look left across the street you will see a small street that turns into a T at the end, go down to the end of the street and take a right on Calle Bronce. Once you are on Calle Bronce walk 30m and you will see our Hostel on the right with a big black sign of HOSTAL written on it in white and flags overhanging the street from our terrace.
Volunteer Work Hostel Spain – Amenities & Preferences
- We accept two friends (depending on availability), males & females.
- All ages welcome, must be 18 +.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Learn Spanish: We will also help you with Spanish books and movies to get a basic level in a few days. You might be asked to help with some of the following tasks.
- Activities: You can join in on one of our fun activities during the day that include:
Paddle Surfing, Cliff Jumping, and a stunning waterfall pool on the River Trek.
Or tag along with us at night to one of our weekly local Tapas Tours or on the weekend to our Top Shelf Pub Crawl where you are destined to meet cool young people from all around the world.
- Day Tours: Day trips to Granada, Cordoba, Seville, Gibraltar and Morocco.