BLENDED LEARNING PROGRAM
Our Blended Learning Program is to help these teenagers realize more of their potential and enjoy expanded capabilities to address the increasing global social, economic and environmental challenges we face on. This will be done in real work situations and organize training courses about the Essential Successful Living Skills. They include:
- Maintaining a positive outlook
- Setting and managing goals
- Finding a source of self-motivation
- Making the best use of time
- Effectively managing income and resources.
- Solving problems creatively
- Presentation skills
- Creating and holding on to your vision
- Receiving guidance from your heart
- Being willing to embrace change
- Communicating your ideas
- Collaborating with others (Especial English skills is strongly focus as an effective tool for the integration and globalization)
CDS Rural Education Development Organization (Vietnam) is looking for interested volunteers who would like to share their time and talents with the staff and students of our school. Volunteers strengthen and enrich educational programs and foster greater cooperation among all the partners in our rural school community.
Our school welcomes volunteer involvement in a variety of areas and capacities. Volunteers may provide short term or long term commitment to carry out maximum support in improving capacities, knowledge and skills through informal education to give them opportunities access with high quality educational service, enable them to become the excellence farmers and leaders of their local community, Volunteers derive a great sense of fulfillment and satisfaction from their work and our school life is certainly very much enhanced by their generous efforts.
If you are interested in becoming a school volunteer, through the giving of your time, service and skills, please don’t hesitate to ask
We hope that you will consider our proposal and hear from you soon.
Established by CDS, Rural Education Development Organization is a non governmental education organization operating in the North of Vietnam. Its goal is to help disadvantaged children and young people realize their potential by expanding collaboration with international volunteering human resource, international development organizations, donor groups, member governments and civil society.
Rural Education Development Organization carries out maximum support in improving capacities, knowledge and skills through informal education to give them opportunities access with high quality educational service, enable them to become the excellence farmers and leaders of their local community.
WHAT WE DO
We believe Education is fundamental to human progress, enabling individuals and communities to acquire skills and knowledge essential for improving their quality of life. But for vulnerable groups like rural teenagers access to high quality education is limited while this teenagers must be a major part of any equation dealing with immediate and long-term solutions to sustainable development.
It is true that young people need education and training to prepare them to become the community leaders of the future, but even more importantly, they must receive maximum support and access to resources to confront and overcome challenges in their lives and deal with conflict and decision making sometimes on their own. Actual they need to be given opportunities to see the bigger picture of life, to realize their own potential and here at our program.
WHY PROGRAM NEED YOU
We are believe that a multicultural environment will be a great one for the real work situations, because activities in this environment allow people to experience new things and to express their feelings, they may benefit from a more hands-on or practical learning experience, allow them to become actively involved in the learning process, encourage them to critically think about and analyze information themselves, rather than being passive recipients.
No one person can do everything, but each of us can do something. We need to find something that moves us and act on it. We have ongoing needs for volunteers with different backgrounds. reflect the rich diversity of a global community in race, all are united by their common desire to help others. Taking part in this program, international Volunteers can help with different activities:
• Assist the local staffs in developing and implementing educational games about Essential Successful Living Skills
• Organizing practice English lessons for rural youth, improving capacity to use English as an effective tool
• Help organize seminar series, seminar subjects, conferences, forums and short- term training courses, within the frame work of the center
• Support the school for other activities to be realized with students
AT A GLANCE
- Location: North Vietnam
- Minimum program length: 02 weeks
- Accomodation & food: Furnished comfortable accommodations at the International Guest House, including a shared kitchen and Internet capabilities We provide 03 meals per day for free. We also provide home-stay with local families.
- Work hours: 5-6 hour per day.
- Fee: No require, but volunteer must cover Flights, Insurance, Visas by yourself .
Suggested Skills and Interests
- Fluently in English
- Previous English teaching experiences
- Bachelor degree in fields of Social Science, Social Work, Social Administration, Social Planning and Development, international relations, public relations, development studies or equivalent
- Program and project management experience, including program planning and development
- Strong inter-personal skills and experiences in working with a wide variety of people, cultural sensitivity
HOW TO JOIN?
To join a project you need to do following steps
Step 1 – Send us the completed volunteer CV form – color photo must be inserted in résumé and submitted electronically. A photocopy of the passport, documents are to be sent to email@example.com.
Step 2 – When we receive your application, we will notify you immediately. Please give us 01 – 03 weeks to process your application and match your placement. We will send you a notify of preliminary acceptance and a pre-departure booklet within 01 – 03 weeks.
Step 3 – Once you receive your project from CDS, you should begin preparing for travel by obtaining all necessary documents (passport, visa) and meeting immunization requirements.
Step 4 – Make your travel arrangements and other practical arrangements.
Step 5 – Go and enjoy your project our staff will pick you up at the airport and take you to Volunteers house of us and your beginning.
Thinh Tien Blok, Son Duong Town, Tuyen Quang City, Vietnam
Tel: (+84) 273 838 464