Fancy being a Volunteer in East Timor? We are looking for volunteers who are motivated and dedicated to make a difference in the lives of the underprivileged youth of East Timor. As a volunteer, you will provide education through English in IT and Life Skills.
Our organisation is the largest non-formal education provider in East Timor, offering educational programmes to anybody who is disadvantaged because of poverty, social problems or as a result of living in a remote area. We operate 40 centres nationwide through which 4,500 students are taught daily.
We require volunteers from all over the world. As a volunteer you will be sent to one of the district centres where you will teach, cook, entertain and live in harmony with the locals. You will become a true and valued part of the community.
Volunteer in East Timor – Help Required
We are looking for motivated and objective individuals who are enthusiastic and willing to make a difference. Training will be provided. After the training period, volunteers will be sent to one of the district centres, where they will work with the manager in-charge to teach and help run the centres. Tasks may include:
- Teaching English.
- Training students in leadership and character skills.
- Assisting in managing the different department in the centres.
- Running of projects.
- Establishing good relationships with the local community.
- Other community service activities.
- Participant in exciting trips and tours.
Volunteer in East Timor – Hours & Roster
- Volunteers expected to help between 6-8 hours a day or 30-40 hours a week.
- Minimum stay 3 weeks and Maximum stay is 1 year or longer (Flexible).
- Email and interview chat via Skype before agreeing stay.
- Volunteer travel insurance recommended.
Volunteer in East Timor – Availability
- Volunteers can join the project any time as its ongoing and running all year round.
Sleeping: You will sleep in a basic dorm style room. You will share with other volunteers. There is a shared bathroom.
Linen & Laundry: Linen is supplied. Please bring your own towels. Laundry service available locally.
Eating: Basic meals will be included. Please let us know in advance of any special dietary requirements.
Transport: We will meet, greet and pick up volunteers from the International Airport in Dili. Dili is the capital, largest city, chief port and commercial centre of East Timor. We will cover all internal transportation.
Volunteer in East Timor – Amenities & Preferences
- You must be over 18.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Single travellers, two friends, couples are welcomed and accommodated.
- Internet access available in our centre in Dili but we do not have internet connection in the provinces.