On our Small Holding in France, we are looking for help of 4 hours a day in exchange for good food and lodgings. We need help in all areas from the farm to gardening to the building. We normally find a project for people to do and finish whilst staying.
Small Holding Help Needed in France – Quick Checks
Hours & roster: Approx. 25 hours per week
What’s included? Free food and Lodgings
What’s NOT included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message me about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
Small Holding Help Needed in France – Help Required
We are an English family living in France trying to live the good life on a large small holding producing food for the table. Both in our mid 50’s we also have our two teenage son living with us. With sheep, dairy goats, and poultry. The property consists of 2.2 hectors a two bedroom cottage, 2 barns one turned into a shop/ butchery with a flat above and the other in need of restoration. A large Polly tunnel and other outbuildings.
- As well as a large 400 year old house that we are now restoring we also have an ongoing project of building a gypsy caravan.
- We need help in all areas from the farm / gardening to the building and normally find a project for people to do and finish whilst staying.
- We have a wide range of things for you to do and see with lots of interesting projects. From restoring a 400 year old house. Building a gypsy caravan from recycled materials to milking our goats, feeding pigs and growing our own food.
Hours & Roster
- We ask for approx. 25 hours a week and this is split up as 4 hours a day Monday to Saturday, starting at 9 am and finishing for lunch at 1 pm.
Sleeping: We provide comfortable farm house/barn accommodation.
Linen & Laundry: We have laundry facilities.
Eating: You will eat with the family.
Transport: Nearest international airport is Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris which is approx… 3.20 hours away by car. On confirmation of stay, we can advise on how best to reach us.
Small Holding Help Needed in France – Amenities & Preferences
- Over 18, both males and females welcome. Older volunteers welcome too.
- We can accommodate 2-4 volunteers at once.
- We have Wi-Fi available for your use.
- We live on the edge of a national park and have wonderful countryside, stunning sites and history all around us.
- We have been hosts with other sites for over 10 years and our happy to say we have great reviews.