Self-Sufficient Living with a Family in Czech Republic
Want to try Self-Sufficient Living with a Family in Czech Republic? I grow the vegetable and care for the sheep. My wife had one horse, sold it, but when the foal is born, we will have a horse again, her sister has two. Her father looks after the poultry and grows crops in the fields with me. Her Mother has a small vegetable plot. We are not afraid of making our own tools, and have a home-made tractor and a soil trommel.
Hours & Roster: A few hours help a week, we’re flexible
What’s included? Accommodation and all meals included
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, pocket money, internal transportation & insurance
Self-Sufficient Living with a Family in Czech Republic – Help Required
I work 9-5 in a nearby town, so are usually not around during the day (on weekdays), so this time is your own – although if you are happy to work on your own at these times, then I can give you stuff to do. We work in the garden/fields in the evenings/weekends. We ask for a few hours help, with some of the following related tasks.
- Gardening – In our gardens we have vegetable plots, a greenhouse, and very soon a passively heated/ cooled poly-tunnel.
- Fixing, installing and maintenance.
- Cider & beer making.
- Animal feeding & caring.
- Making organic foods and goods.
Self-Sufficient Living with a Family in Czech Republic – Hours & Roster
- We ask for a few hours help per a day. We are flexible with days off.
- Preferably 2 weeks +.
- Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to stay with us, the dates you would be available.
Sleeping: Free accommodation is in a 2 bedroom cottage we have built in the garden.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. Laundry facilities included also.
Eating: You can either eat with us in the evenings, or cook for yourself (the cottage has a kitchen). Breakfast and lunch you will have to make yourself (we provide food). We are meat eaters, but have no problem cooking vegetarian if you are that way inclined.
Transport: We live in a village with several pubs and shops, there is a small town 3km away, where you can get everything you need. The area isn’t too spoilt (yet) although there are 3 small (international) supermarkets in the local town. On confirmation of your visit, we can supply more details on how best to get to us.
Self-Sufficient Living with a Family in Czech Republic – Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate 2 volunteer helper.
- We will accept and accommodate males, females, couples, families as volunteers.
- No age preferences, as long as over 18.
- Internet access: We have Wi-Fi in the cottage and can lend you a laptop or computer for use in the cottage if needed.
- We have bikes which you can borrow. Occasionally a car too.
- What’s to see & do: We live in a village with several pubs and shops, there is a small town 3km away, where you can get everything you need. The area isn’t too spoilt (yet) although there are 3 small (international) supermarkets in the local town. We are surrounded by national park, so hiking 5 minutes away from the village. Mushroom foraging 3 minutes away. There is a strong regional identity to this part of the world, which contributes to the strong tradition in folk music / dancing and self-sufficiency.
- Other work: If you are a native English speaker, then we may be able help you to find you a few hours a week of paid work – Teaching English / Looking after Kids. Not for us, but people we know make a living teaching English.