Fancy Permaculture Volunteering In Australia? Volunteer on our permaculture project which is a 70 acre farm set amongst crown land and mixed forestry in Buckland, Tasmania (Australia). This is a project being developed by Paul. Paul or Ringo as known by people within the Permaculture world has been involved in Permaculture on projects overseas as well as Australia over the past 15 years.
Permaculture Volunteering – Stay Overview
Permaculture Volunteering In Australia – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week, 2 days free
What’s included? Accommodation & full board
Selection process: Message me about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with me & the dates you would be available. Prove to me that you’ve read through our profile & your profile must be complete (description and photo)
Tasks & Roles
Vision Statement: To create a working family farm and educational community to demonstrate self-reliance and sustainability via permaculture design and holistic farming. A home base to connect with Scottish roots as well spiritual grounding to foster harmonious relationships and self-governance to live with joy and peace to custodian the land.
Aims & Objectives:
- A program to build soil fertility and harvest water.
- To connect with community to share alternative strategies for sustainable living.
- Education and training programs in sustainable living as well as create employment opportunities.
- To form and educational community based on Permaculture design to create sustainability.
- To create a working farm that produces an income from a variety of streams including farming, education and eco-tourism.
- To implement food, fibre, energy and water production systems that support high levels of self-reliance.
- To demonstrate best practice in alternative technology.
- Create a joyous family home.
- To become a recognized permaculture centre/permaculture demonstration farm.
- To have productive animal systems
Values and Ethics: Three permaculture ethics:
- Care of people, care land, redistribute surplus to 1 and 2.
- To limit consumption of the earth’s resources.
- Compassion for all walks of life and all sentient beings.
- Integrity and honesty.
Volunteers can benefit from learning skills from some of the following activities:
- Gardening and garden construction.
- Compost toilet construction.
- Seed collecting for propagation.
- Nursery work.
- Meditation, yoga and spiritual consciousness training.
- Orchard maintenance.
- Earthworks skills, survey for water harvesting.
- Living swimming pool construction.
- Alternative building methods.
- Rock wall construction.
- Preserving of all food sources.
- Clay oven construction.
- Permaculture Design course programs.
- Web design.
- Artwork and sculpting.
- Assistance with Permaculture consultancies.
Permaculture Volunteering – Living
Sleeping: We offer the following accommodation arrangements:
- 12 Beds in Bunk house in old shearing shed.
- 4 beds in Chalet.
- 2 Beds in small cabin.
- Caravan/ RV parking space
Linen & Laundry: Linen included or bring your own. Laundry facilities available.
Eating: We all contribute to the preparation of all meals and eat together.
Transport: On confirmation of stay we can provide more details on how best to reach us.
Permaculture Volunteering – What Else…
- We accept males, females & couples volunteers.
- We can sleep 18 in total.
- See Tasmania, it’s beautiful.
- Please ensure you have adequate travel insurance cover when traveling.