Fancy Outdoor Jobs Assisting in Canada? We are developing 5 acres on Salt Spring Island in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. We are building new garden areas and improving those that we started over the last 4 years. A lot of the work will be related to digging new areas, planting and mixing soil.
Outdoor Jobs Assisting in Canada – Quick Checks
- Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week
- What’s included? Free comfortable accommodation & quality vegetarian meals
- What’s NOT included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
- Selection process: Message us about yourself, relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
Outdoor Jobs Assisting in Canada – Help Required
We require help with the following tasks:
- Creating new gardens, adding to the fences, mixing soils, digging holes, moving small rocks etc.
- Assistance with carpentry/building, as we have fences and gates to build. It would be nice to hear from a qualified carpenter or builder.
Hours & Roster
- 30 + hours a week, we’re flexible around days off.
Sleeping: We provide you with accommodation, a clean and nice room with your own full bath facility in a separate building.
Linen & Laundry: Bed linen included. Laundry facilities available on site.
Eating: 3 meals day included. Mostly vegetarian from our garden and we can accommodate dietary restrictions.
Transport: The nearest airport is Vancouver or Victoria and we pick you up once you arrive at one of the ferry terminals on the island. Very easy to get to the ferry terminal from the airport by public transportation.
Outdoor Jobs Assisting in Canada – Amenities & Preferences
- Preferred stay 4 weeks +. We have had volunteers stay up to 6 months but we always start our workers off with a one week trial to see if this is good for everyone concerned.
- 1 position available, one person at a time.
- Internet access available.
- Where we are: We live in a very beautiful area near the ocean (5 minutes) and just above the best hiking trails on the island. There is a lot to do here on this island and Vancouver is very close and easy to get to. Most volunteer workers that have stayed with us have taken the time to visit Vancouver Island including Victoria, Tofino and other areas directly on the Pacific Ocean.
- Past volunteers: We have hosted more than 20 European workers over the last 7 years.