Be a Nature Park Helper in Crete. We need volunteer park guide and general helpers. As a guide, you will show our guests around the nature park, enabling them to explore and learn about Cretan Flora & Fauna. Because our guests are from different parts of the world, we need volunteers, especially with English language to communicate with them properly.
Be a Nature Park Helper in Crete, Greece- Quick Checks
Hours & roster: 4-5 hours/day (flexible), 5 days a week
What’s included? Accommodation (caravan) & meals
What’s NOT included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us. We are looking forward to meeting you and hope you enjoy your stay with us
Nature Park Helper – Help Required
We need help with the following areas & tasks:
- Guide: Our Nature Park is a beautiful wild Cretan ecosystem with the plants and the small animals of the Island. We take care of the park with the participation of our helpers. From April till October, we guide our guests through it, exploring and learning about the Cretan Flora & Fauna. Because our guests are from different parts of the world, we need a few volunteers with English language to communicate with them properly. The volunteers’ help with the guided tours is very important.
- Handyman/woman: Often we need to do some construction work or repairing, cleaning, painting and whatever else the park needs to be ready for the visitors. The park is not a botanical garden and not a zoo; it is more of a protected and enriched natural area, with only necessarily applied changes to make it easier to visit and safer for the species that it includes. We need helping hands mostly for gardening, watering, taking care of plants and animals, building, painting and cleaning common areas such as the kitchen and bathrooms. For the Cretan spring-and wintertime we prefer a handy man or woman!
- Helping with kids & groups: In the experimental learning centre, we have school excursions visiting, in the summer holiday program, starting in June, there are 40-50 kids (age of 5 -12), during the day, which ends in Sept 11t. They do handcrafts, music, theatre, constructions, sports, team building games, and nature activities, like gardening, collecting herbs, making oil or feeding the animals. For this we have employed Greek trainers. But in the summertime, we have sometimes kids coming to play and we need also helpers to watch them a bit or help them at the climbing towers, trampolines or bicycles.
Sleeping: For volunteers, there are good organised camping conditions with a van and a double bed caravan.
Linen & Laundry: Linen provided and there is laundry facilities on site.
Eating: Food is included. Basic breakfast & lunch is inclusive. We all share the cooking responsibility and we’ll have more than enough good food to enjoy together.
Transport: We are based on the island of Crete. On confirmation of stay, we can provide more details on how best to reach us.
Nature Park Helper – Amenities & Preferences
- Free Wi-Fi internet access.
- Some sports facilities for your free time in the park, the long.
- 15km beach is close and there is also a walk to the beautiful Venetian town of Rethymno (1,5km downhill), or an excursion to other parts of the island, which is something we suggest our helpers to do.
- Our place offers many different possibilities to be creative so that you can lend your talents and nourish them. This park is the perfect environment for independent people with initiative who like to be outdoors, feel alive and do something meaningful. Because of the diversity of things going on at the park, we like our helpers to know that it’s not a place to just ‘work’ your hours and leave but is more of a space to immerse yourself and get involved.