Do you want experience the real Vietnam as a gap year volunteer? With our volunteering opportunity, you will teach English and experience a unique cultural exchange. You will have loads of free time to explore.
- Tasks & Roles
- What Else
My Vietnam Gap Year – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 5-6 day’s – max of 20 working hours teaching
What’s included? We provide free accommodation, delicious meals, airport pick-up & weekly excursions
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, airport drop off & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
As a volunteer your main role will include:
- Teaching English to the students and sometimes the teaching staff.
- Making topics for sharing experiences, exchanging language, gaining knowledge and exchanging cultural with students both inside and outside of classroom e.g. parks, schools, lake, museum, etc.
- Adult classes: The age of the students is 15 – 35 years old. You will be teaching them pronunciation, conversation via topics about cultural exchange. The students are very nice, friendly, very easy and simple to teach them.
- Child Classes: The age of the students is 4-13 years old. You will be teaching them conversational English, new words, grammar and pronunciation. The children are very enthusiastic and eager to learn. They have some experiences with learning English previously. Assistance will be provided by Vietnamese teaching staff.
- To support volunteers with teaching we have available class books, teacher’s book (very detailed on how to teach), flashcards, media CD’s etc.
- Sometimes volunteers will assist in the preparation of lessons by providing lesson plans in advance of their class. A template will be provided for this alongside assistance.
Hours & Roster
- 5 – 6 days working week with a maximum of 20 working hours per week teaching. Classes on weekday usually start from 5pm or 6pm to 8pm or 8.30pm. Classes on weekend usually start from 8:30am/9am onwards.
- During the week volunteers have a lot of free time during the day where they can travel, explore and meet with friends. Day trips and city tours will also be scheduled where volunteers, staff and students can spend the day together exploring local areas, food and culture.
Sleeping: Free accommodation available in our designated volunteer house.
Linen & Laundry: Please bring your own linen, towels and sleeping bag. Laundry facilities will be available.
Eating: We provide free delicious food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Transport: We are based in Hanoi. We can provide pre-departure information advice, in-country assistance and support. We will pick you up, meet and see off by motorbike, bus when teaching, travelling. Support will be given to take volunteers to the bus station when leaving.
Amenities & Preferences
- 5 positions available.
- Age preference 18+. We’d love to hear from older volunteers also.
- We accept both males and females volunteers.
- Internet available locally.
- Volunteer certificate: We provide recommendation letter with stamp on completion of volunteer stay.