Live in a Meditation Centre in England
Live in a Meditation Centre in England. We are looking for volunteers to help in our World Peace Cafe, kitchen, gardening, painting, office and household – there are many activities. If you are interested, while you are with us, you will be able to attend meditation classes/courses for free in return for 35 hours per week. We also offer accommodation, laundry and three plentiful vegetarian meals per day.
Live in a Meditation Centre in England – Quick Checks
Hours & roster: 35 hours per week
What’s included? Accommodation, meals & meditation classes/courses
What’s NOT included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available. We also require a reference
Live in a Meditation Centre in England – Help Required
We have 3 meditation rooms, host meditation classes and retreats with en-suite accommodation, a World Peace Cafe and good access to towns and cities. There’s a mixed age range of 28 residents living here and a thriving greater community. The centre is open to the public and welcomes anyone – Buddhist or non-Buddhist.
- We are looking for volunteers to help in our World Peace Cafe, kitchen, gardening, painting, office and household – there are many activities.
Sleeping: We offer accommodation.
Linen & Laundry: Linen provided and there is laundry facilities on site.
Eating: Three plentiful vegetarian meals per day.
- How to find us by car: From the A14, exit at Junction 2 and take the A508 towards Market Harborough. Take the first left, signposted ‘Buddhist Centre.’ From Northampton, take the A508 towards Market Harborough. Continue over the A14, then take the first left, signposted ‘Buddhist Centre.’ From Market Harborough, take the A508 towards Northampton. When you reach the village of Kelmarsh, take the second right, signposted ‘Buddhist Centre.’
- How to find us by bus: Take bus Number X7 from Northampton / Market Harborough and alight in Kelmarsh. Walk up the hill for about 100m until you see a turning on your right signposted ‘Buddhist Centre.’ We are about 500m down the lane.
Live in a Meditation Centre in England – Amenities & Preferences
- Age Restriction: from 18 years old and above.
- There are short and long-term opportunities available from a minimum of one month stay.
- We do have rules such as no alcohol, drugs, TV, loud music or meat on-site.
- We require a reference.