We are working for rural poor and tsunami affected villagers.
We are implementing the following projects for the above said groups :
- Day care centre for the children of working women
- Evening education centres for rural poor children
- Widows and adolescent girls empowerment programs
- Organic vegetable garden – Production and training centre activities
- Nursing training center activities
Expected work from volunteers:
- Teach English and play & games for the children
- Various activities in the organic garden
- Help to prepare reports and computer work
- Teach spoken English to nursing students
Fundraising for existing projects and start their own small projects
Working hours per day : 5 hours;
Weekly holiday : Sunday
We will provide food and accommodation in our campus
We are expecting volunteers to work in the field and office.
Minimum duration: 2 weeks
Maximum duration : 3 months
We ask that a new team member make a financial contribution for their food and accommodation as well as our ongoing projects. The recommended contribution is $4-5 US dollars per day. Concession to students or deserving candidates can be made by request. ISSI will meet local transportation expenditure for the volunteers. You are responsible for all other expenses.
Pudukottai in Tamilnadu state, South India.