Hostel Work Exchange Opportunity in Chile – Overview
Fancy a Hostel Work Exchange Opportunity in Chile. Work as a volunteer in our backpacker hostel in Santiago, Chile in exchange for accommodation. We require volunteer help with all the day to day tasks in our backpacker hostel. In exchange, you will be lodging free in our beautiful hostel.
Planning on staying in Santiago for a while? Taking Spanish classes and want to save money? Contact us now. Please note that work stay spaces are limited.
Help Required For Hostel Work Exchange
- Welcoming and checking guests in and out.
- Reception duties – answering phone, email enquiries and reservation management.
- Housekeeping – dish washing, room and toilet cleaning.
- General maintenance of building and grounds.
- Entertaining guests.
Hours & Roster
- 20 hours a week.
- Minimum stay length 2 weeks+.
Volunteers receive free accommodation in the hostel. The place is very clean and contains all the modern cons including a fully equipped common kitchen.
Linen & Laundry
All linen and towels are supplied. Onsite laundry facilities also.
All meals are the volunteers own responsibility and cost. You’re welcome to use the hostel kitchen to cook.
We are 35 minutes from the international Airport, the local bus “Centropuerto” will take you to “Los Héroes” Metro station (Line 1). From there, walk 4 blocks away from the centre to Av. Brasil and turn right, 4 blocks up you will find our hostel La Casa Roja opposite the “Shell” petrol station.
- Swimming pool with Jacuzzi and swim up bar.
- Lots of big, beautiful common areas.
- Huge bedrooms with high ceilings and big lockers.
- DVD player, DVD library and cable TV.
- Free Internet and WIFI.
- Giant fully-equipped kitchen for your use.
- Elegant dining room.
- Big garden.
- Interior gardens.
- Private bedrooms.
- Big bathrooms with 24 hour hot water.
- Storage room (short/long term).
- No curfew.
- 24 hour reception.
- Travel agency and tourist info.
- Laundry service.
- Massage service.
- Table tennis.
- Football table.
- Cricket net.
- BBQ facilities.
- Excellent sushi bar on site.
And The Atmosphere
We encourage people to socialize! We offer:
- BBQs every Friday night.
- Live music.
- Wine tasting.
- Theme parties.
- Exterior/interior movies.
Travel Insurance For Hostel Work Exchange
We always recommend that you have adequate travel insurance in place before you travel overseas.