Fancy Hostel Volunteering in Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina)? In exchange for a few hours help, we offer free food and accommodation, free language classes, taking part in sightseeing tours, excursions, hiking/rafting/swimming trips, pub crawls, BBQ & pool parties, glorious sunshine and an opportunity to acquire super useful skills, learn loads about this interesting corner of Europe, immerse yourself in local culture and make international friends for life.
Hostel Volunteering in Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina) – Quick Checks
Hours & roster: 28 hours/week (1 night shift/week)
What’s included? Accommodation, meals & more
What’s NOT included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
This is an opportunity to volunteer in the Balkans this summer and experience wonderful adventures in this magical place off the beaten track.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Responsible and capable individuals – who would enjoy part-taking in creating something unique and beautiful – to be a part of a dynamic 6-person team consisting of locals and international volunteers.
- Enthusiasm, loving learning new things, loving meeting new people, and loving having fun – ESSENTIAL.
- Duties include day-to-day running of the hostel, some cocktail bar work, taking part/leading sightseeing tours, excursions, hiking/rafting/swimming day trips, BBQ/pool parties, pub crawls etc., and, importantly, making our guests feel loved and appreciated and letting them know of quirky and interesting things to do/see in the city and the region.
Hours & Roster
- We require each volunteer to do 14 working days per month (8 hour shifts) + 4 night shifts per month.
Sleeping: Free accommodation in the Hostel which is a beautiful boutique hostel with a roof terrace aromatic herb garden and a cocktail bar with fantastic views.
Linen & Laundry: Linen provided and there is laundry facilities on site.
Transport: Mostar is easily reachable from the UK – if you fly, it takes about 5 hours to get there from Scotland – 2 and a half hours flight + 2 and a half hours of a very scenic drive. If not, it can be done by combo of trains in 24 hours.
Amenities & Preferences
- Minimum 4 weeks / maximum 5 months.
- What’s to see: The hostel is in the centre of fascinating historic city of Mostar that is surrounded by breath-taking nature, and it is only 5min walk from Ottoman quarters and from the famous 600 years old UNESCO protected Old Bridge.