Our garden/farm consists of a revolving group of International volunteers visiting from all over the world. Our project is focused around the cultivation of a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
- Tasks & Roles
- What Else
We are looking for volunteers to help around the property, who are interested in permaculture, homesteading, healthy living and sustainability.
Next available dates: Immediately – contact us now
Stay duration: Preferred stay is 2 weeks or longer
Places available: 12 volunteers
Hours & roster: 30 hours a week
What’s included? Free accommodation & Food & Yoga classes
What’s Not Included? Flights, internal transport, travel health insurance, pocket money, visa
Our garden/farm is expanding, so duties change on a regular basis. You will gain hands-on experience so if you’re afraid of insects, getting dirty or digging this will not be a good fit for you. Tasks may include:
- Animal care, planting, seed germination, watering, weeding, soil preparation & compost tumbling/mixing.
Volunteers may also use their exchange hours towards non-gardening activities:
- Walking dogs (7 large strong dogs that need daily walks).
- Yoga (willing to teach/inspire).
- Massage (willing to give to other volunteers).
- Vegetarian/Vegan cooking with our home-grown vegetables.
- Housekeeping & management.
- Art Activities.
We are flexible around your schedule. Each Sunday we plan out what chores you will be doing for the following week. You have the option to choose which days you want off and how you’d like to manage your hours.
Hours & Roster
- 30 hours a week.
- Preferred stay length is 2 weeks or longer.
- Message chat before agreeing stay.
- Immediately – contact us now.
Sleeping: We provide basic but comfortable accommodation. Singles travellers usually share rooms while couples are given private rooms. We have an outdoor shower & a compost toilet.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are included. There are on-site laundry facilities.
Eating: Cooking on the farm is exclusively Vegetarian/Vegan. We have an outdoor kitchen with cob oven. Volunteers take turns in cooking and cleaning duties. Each Volunteer is expected to contribute to the preparation and cooking of at least 3 meals a week.
Transport: You can reach us with public transportation from all three airports in Cyprus. The closest airport is Ercan Airport but you can also arrive via Larnaca or Paphos Airport.
If you have your own transportation, we will meet you at the Trounson Kauri Park public car park Monday at 20:15. More detailed information about pick-up will be provided on confirmation of stay.
Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 12 volunteers at any one time.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- 17 + age preference.
- Single travellers, two friends, couples are welcomed and accommodated.
- Open to the idea of hosting families.
- Learning: You will meet lots of other international volunteers, learn new techniques about gardening, improve your cooking skills and practice your language skills.
- Yoga: Free yoga classes (normally 3 times a week)