Costa Rica Beach Hostel Volunteering? Volunteers get free accommodation and all benefits guests have, including communal bicycles, purified drinking water and coffee and tea every morning.
Our volunteer programme helps you enjoy Santa Teresa from a unique perspective. We believe in efficiency as a team which translates into more free time for us all. We aim to provide an informal, friendly and family setup to enable memorable experiences to all of our guests.
Stay duration: Preferably 2 weeks +
Places available: 2 volunteers
Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week
What’s included? Free accommodation and all benefits guests also have including communal bicycles, purified drinking water and coffee/tea every morning.
What’s Not Included? Meals, flights, Internal transport, insurance and pocket money
Beach Hostel Volunteering in Costa Rica – Help Required
- Please mention any specific skills you might have to contribute with our hostel operation, we might be able to tailor a job for you.
- What we ask for in exchange is 30 hours a week with a day off, managed through rotating 5 hour shifts from 8am to 11pm
- Tasks to include all the usual duties associated with the day to day running of a hostel. Expect to be cleaning, cooking, tidying, entertaining etc.
Beach Hostel Volunteering in Costa Rica – Hours & Roster
- 30 hours a week.
- Preferably 2 weeks+.
- Message chat before agreeing stay.
Sleeping: We offer two types of accommodation for volunteers depending on the season.
- High Season Volunteer Programme runs from December 1st to April 30th. Volunteers coming between these dates will sleep in a tent in our fruit garden with mattress and linens provided by us.
- Mid & Low Season Volunteer Programme runs from 1 May to November 30th. Volunteers sleep in a shared dormitory of 4 beds – ideally with other volunteers but could also be with guests.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. Onsite laundry facilities also.
Eating: Meals are the volunteers own cost and responsibility but they are free to use our hostel kitchen facilities.
- By Bus – there is a direct bus from San Jose that leaves from San Carlos Bus Station. Bus schedule may change but usually leaves at 6am and 2 pm, every day.
- By Car – Driving from the San Jose Airport to Puntarenas takes approx. 2 hours. In Puntarenas you board the car ferry to Paquera (40 minutes ride) across the Golf of Nicoya. From Paquera it takes about 1 hour to Mal Pais – Santa Teresa.
- By Shuttle – we can help to arrange direct transportation from San Jose (airport) to Kokua and back.
Beach Hostel Volunteering in Costa Rica – Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 2 helpers at any one time.
- You must be 18 or over.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Single travellers, two friends & couples are welcomed.
- Internet available.