Be a Care Assistant in France. As a volunteer you will care for people with disabilities, share your friendship and have lots of fun. Our non-profit organisation provides holidays for mixed groups of disabled and able-bodied people, in the heart of the beautiful and tranquil French countryside.
Care Assistant in France – Quick Checks
What’s included? Free accommodation and all meals
What’s NOT included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about yourself, relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
Care Assistant – Help Required
As a volunteer, you will need a reasonable level of French language. It is a good opportunity to improve your French language skills. Tasks will include:
- Helping people with disabilities to do what they cannot do themselves – washing, dressing and eating meals.
- Helping with cooking – usually the kitchen is a forbidden place for people with disabilities. With help from our volunteers, they are given the chance to take part, should they so wish.
- Chaperoning and sharing leisure – going for walks, outings, having picnics and visiting places of interest.
- Listening and talking – developing friendship between the able-bodied and the person with the disability. There is a lot of time to talk and get to know each other.
Hours & Roster
- Volunteers are expected to be hand-on and available that all times during their stay.
Sleeping: You will sleep in our specially designed house for people with disabilities. It is clean, modern and comfortable. You may share a room with others. There are shared bathrooms.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are supplied. Laundry facility available on site.
Eating: All meals will be included. Please let us know in advance of any special dietary requirements.
Transport: Volunteers will fund and make their own travel arrangements. Our house is located in the small village of Sainte-Feyre which is 7 km from Guéret, in the Limousin region. Nearest airports include Guéret, Lyon and Paris.
Care Assistant – Amenities & Preferences
- Places for up to 10 volunteers(Changeable).
- You must be over 18.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- Single travellers, two friends, couples are welcomed and accommodated.
- Volunteers need reasonable knowledge of the French language.
- It may be a good opportunity to improve one’s French language skills.