Fancy a Benin Hostel & Organic Farm Placement?
We are a family of 5 (3 children) living in Benin, West Africa. We run an organic farm and a Benin hostel. We started several projects which include eco-farming, permaculture, breeding livestock (Chickens, sheep etc.).
Stay duration: Preferred stay is 2 weeks or longer
Places available: 2 volunteers
Hours & roster: 30 hours a week
What’s included? Free accommodation & Food
What’s Not Included? Flights, internal transport, travel health insurance, pocket money, visa
Benin Hostel & Organic Farm Placement – Help Required
Our hostel/farm is growing, so duties change on a regular basis. Tasks may include:
- Farming & gardening duties – Animal care, planting, seed germination, watering, weeding, soil preparation & compost tumbling/mixing.
- Hostel duties – Welcoming guests, housekeeping, cleaning & maintenance, light construction, washing & sweeping, food preparation, floor service in the restaurant and entertaining guests.
Benin Hostel & Organic Farm Placement – Hours & Roster
- 30 hours a week.
- Preferred stay length is 2 weeks or longer.
- Message chat before agreeing stay.
Sleeping: As a volunteer, you will be offered free accommodation on the farm (camping or rooms) with free internet, utilities (water, electricity etc.). Or you can stay in the hostel, we have shared dorms with shared bathroom and private rooms with bathrooms.
Linen & Laundry: All linen and towels are included. There are on-site laundry facilities.
Eating: We include all meals free too.
Transport: Take a taxi from the Airport (Benin International Airport COO) to Ouando Supermarket located near Songai Project in Porto-Novo, the capital of Benin. Approximately 1h 45 minutes.
Upon arrival to Ouando Market in Porto-Novo, take another taxi from there to our hostel in Adjohoun (45 minutes).
Benin Hostel & Organic Farm Placement – Amenities & Preferences
- Accommodate up to 2 volunteers at any one time.
- Male and female helpers accepted.
- 18 + age preference.
- Single travellers, two friends, couples are welcomed and accommodated.
- Open to the idea of hosting families.
- Learning: Certified organic farming training, French classes and cooking classes are available at discounted prices.
- Entertainment: Every Friday there is a party. We have movie, games and music nights.
- Sightseeing & attractions: You can take trips to the beach, the zoo and the local national parks. Many outdoors activities such as camping and fishing are available.