Fancy Argentina Ranching & Horse Riding? We welcome you as a volunteer in Argentina with us. We like to hear from anyone as long as they have a good attitude and wish to help us, learn and work with animals. You should be friendly, proactive and reliable.
Argentina Ranching & Horse Riding- Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 25 hours a week, 2 days free
What’s included? Free accommodation & all meals
What’s Not Included? Flights, visa, pocket money & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us & the dates you would be available
We love learning from other people and cultures, and in return sharing our own. The place is quiet and full of native fauna, plenty of birds of various types are always hanging out around our pond. We have 3 houses, 2 of them prepared for our guests. The nearest town is Capilla del Señor which is 4 km away from the farm. It’s a lovely colonial town where you can find anything that you need and participate in traditional activities. During the weekend there’s always a lot of people coming and going, riding, relaxing and eating a typical ‘Asado’. If you love nature and horses this is definitely the place for you.
Argentina Ranching & Horse Riding – Help Required
- The role of the volunteer will be to help us with the everyday care of our horses and dogs and a little bit of general maintenance of the farm.
- The typical activities are feeding horses and dogs, saddling and cleaning – of course there’s always some poo to pick up. Also some general maintenance duties like helping fix a fence or get some wood for the fire place.
Sleeping: You will have a private room in a shared house (probably just 1 or 2 others) with a fully equipped kitchen and a complete toilet.
Linen & Laundry: All linen included or bring your own. Laundry facilities are available.
Eating: We provide you with the day meals as we eat. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Of course if you have special requirements we can talk about it and you can also buy and prepare anything else that you want if you don’t like our meals.
Transport: We are about 1 hour away from Buenos Aires City. There are plenty of buses going from the town to different areas and cities. The farm is located 4 km away from the town and we can always give you a ride when you need it.
Argentina Ranching & Horse Riding – Amenities & Preferences
- We accept volunteers from both sexes and from any age older than 18 years old. Couples are also welcomed.
- There’s Wi-Fi available in all the houses so that you can stay in touch with your friends or family.
- Learning: By working with us you will have the chance to learn how to work with horses, their general requirements and training. If you like you can learn how to give lessons to kids. You will also learn all about managing a horse farm in the Argentinean way. You will have the chance to live all the Argentinean traditions like drinking mate or eating an Asado.
- Sight Seeing: There are different buses that take you for example to Buenos Aires city or any of the other closer towns such as Lujan, where you can visit the famous Basilica to which thousands of pilgrims go every year – walking or horseback riding. Also we are close to San Antonio de Areco, another cute, little colonial town that you shouldn’t miss.